Sunday, January 24, 2016

January 2016

This year looks very nice, with several new opportunities. The combination of casework and research projects is always challenging and bringing new solutions which can be used in casework. Current projects on biometric spoofing as well as on drone forensics give some new insights.
I look forward to the annual meeting of the American Academy of Forensic Sciences in February, where I am currently Vice President. Together with Laura Liptai and the Theoretical Forensic Science Committee of the Forensic Science Foundation, we prepared a workshop with new developments in forensic science that we expect might have impact in the next years. Furthermore, I am also chairman of the International Affairs Committee, and look forward to meet our international colleagues.  The major efforts of the OSACs to improve the standards of forensic science, are also important for the forensic community, and international collaboration remains important. Also within ENFSI (the European Network of Forensic Science Institutes) major efforts have been made on best practice guides.
Also the webinar for the European Division of the International Association of Identification will be presented next week, with more information on challenges in eforensics combined with emerging biometrics. 
The start was also good where I was one of the lectures on Digital Forensic in Complex Crime Scenes, for the MFS students of the University of Amsterdam. Also with lots of practical assignments. 

13 comments:

Steve Bradshaw said...

Thank you for the update. As a forensic investigator for the Dallas County Medical Examiner's office in the 1970's, I have been following the advances in our quest to stay ahead of the "creative". I will look back after the meeting for your review of the February meeting.

Very best,
Steve Bradshaw
Author
stevebradshawauthor.com

Rahul@squareadvisor.in said...

I am impressed with the blog writer. The author really needs an appreciation. I researched this kind of topic during searching then I found desirable topic by your blog content.

Tour Bhutan said...

This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing websites that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. It’s the old what goes around comes around routine. Big thanks for the useful info.

Haya@buyschoolsupplies1 said...

You made some good points there. I did a search on the topic and found most people will agree with.

Sameer said...

Hii,

Big thanks to you for sharing valuable information with us.

riyasharma1423@gmail.com said...

It would be my personal pleasure to build up some more thoughts from your web-site and come up to offer some others what I learned from you. I appreciate your usual excellent effort.

rajukumar241@gmail.com said...

I am impressed with the blog writer. The author really needs an appreciation. I researched this kind of topic during searching then I found desirable topic by your blog content. After read topic’s related post now I feel my research is almost completed. Thanks to share this brilliant matter.

Real Estate Developer @Nahar Group said...

I am impressed with the blog writer. The author really needs an appreciation. I researched this kind of topic during searching then I found desirable topic by your blog content.

Owais @ Makkah Haj Corporation said...

This is the first time i am reading your post and admire that you posted article which gives users lot of information regarding particular topic thanks for this share.

Tips for Developing Mobile Applications said...

I am very much pleased with the contents you have mentioned. I enjoyed every little bit part of it. It contains truly information. I want to thank you for this informative read; I really appreciate for sharing this great post.

Get Umrah Packages 2020 - Go Classsic Tour said...

Thank you for another great article. Where else could anyone get that kind of information in such a perfect way of writing? I have a presentation next week, and I am on the look for such information.

Owais Qadri said...

Thanks You For sharing this post i am really inspired to this article You put unique information keep posting and sharing article related to this topic and visit

ADEEBA TOUR AND TRAVELS PRIVATE LIMITED said...

Nice Blog Cheap Umrah Packge